The VXI series is our best selling outdoor intrusion detection sensor range. It provides a very reliable approach detection with a range of up to 12m for residential and commercial applications. The sensor which should be mounted at ca 1.2m height includes two PIRs providing a double layered detection area, the sensor will only trigger when both layers are activated. The VXI sensors are animal tolerant and feature digital analysis to eclude cause of false alarm. The VXI-RAM is the battery-powered model with antimasking.
Digital analysis for enhanced reliability
- The VXI sensors features a digital microprocessor which analyses the infrared emissions received and differentiate the ones generated by human from the ones generated by sunlight, animals, vegetation sway, or weather conditions. This intelligence makes the risk of false alarm very low.
Flexible detection coverage
- The detection length of the VXI sensors can be set to 12m, 8.5m, 6m, 5.5m or 2.5m to adapt to the site configuration. The sensor comes as well with a choice of pre-cut masking templates to modify the detection areas and only focus on the points of interest.
The convenience of wireless
- The VXI-RAM sensor can be powered by a variety of universal batteries including CR123, CR2 and 1/2 AA. Its housing can accommodate most wireless radio transmitters available in the market. This makes it easy to add a VXI sensor onto the shed, garage or any outer buildings and link it to an existing wireless alarm panel The sensors are also easy to install in remote or temporary locations.
- 12m battery-powered PIR for approach detection
- Digital signal analysis to greater reliability
- Accommodates most wireless transmitters
- Active infrared antimasking